Heightsafe has grown exponentially in the almost 12 years that we have been trading and we are now an established, trusted market leader in the Work at Height industry. Employing over 70 full time team members, we boast a wealth of longstanding, loyal, blue-chip business clients including Whitbread PLC, Selfridges, John Lewis, XPO Logistics and Travelodge – providing specialist products, services, training and advice on a nationwide scale.
We are currently looking for an experienced and well-organized Purchase Ledger Clerk to join our growing Accounts department.
- Department: Accounts
- Job Role: Purchase Ledger Clerk
- Reporting to: Purchase Ledger Manager and Hannah Diable, Head of Accounts & HR
- Location: Croft Business Park, Bromborough, CH62
- Basic Salary: TBA
Role & Responsibilities
- Processing daily, a high volume of incoming supplier invoices
- Ensuring all Supplier invoices are processed in line with company time scales and following company procedures.
- Assisting the Purchase Ledger Manager with compiling the monthly payment runs, ensuring all invoices passed for payment are authorised and signed off.
- Putting together the weekly Sub-contractor payment runs
- Ensuring all CIS checks are done prior to payments being made, producing monthly CIS statements for relevant sub-contractors
- Reconciling supplier statements against supplier accounts monthly
- Processing of monthly Credit Card statements including completing the breakdown reports for Sage and ensuing all receipts are allocated and VAT claimed where appropriate.
- Reconciling hotel booking receipts against monthly hotel account invoices
- Liaising with other departments when required to ensure invoices are signed off in a timely manner
- Filing of paid invoices
- Answering inbound customer service calls and dealing with emails regarding accounts, orders and queries.
- Providing support to the Purchase Ledger Supervisor as necessary to ensure that the ledger remains tidy and in order.
- Maintaining high levels of customer service and satisfaction at all times.
- General accounts administration duties as required by the needs of the department and the business.
- Sufficient experience working in a busy accounts department
- Sage experience an absolute must
- Excellent phone manner
- GCSE’s English and Math’s Grade C or above
- Experience dealing with other areas of accounts (Purchase Ledger, Accounts Admin)
- Previous work within a similar industry preferable
- Achieved some form of Accounting Qualification preferable but not required if enough experience
At Heightsafe we are committed to equal opportunities in all areas of our work. All individuals will be treated in a fair and equal manner, regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Positions offer a generous salary, together with excellent on-target earnings.
How to Apply
Positions offer a generous salary, together with excellent on target earnings. Please get in touch for more information – [email protected] / 020 3819 7199
To apply for this vacancy, please email your CV and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line “Application – Purchase Ledge Clerk”.