Heightsafe has grown exponentially in the almost 12 years that we have been trading and we are now an established, trusted market leader in the Work at Height industry. Employing over 70 full time team members, we boast a wealth of longstanding, loyal, blue-chip business clients including Whitbread PLC, Selfridges, John Lewis, XPO Logistics and Travelodge – providing specialist products, services, training and advice on a nationwide scale.
We are currently looking for an experienced and well-organized Sales Ledger Supervisor to join our growing Accounts department.
- Department: Accounts
- Job Role: Sales Ledger Supervisor
- Reporting to: Head of Accounts & HR
- Location: Croft Business Park, Bromborough, CH62
- Basic Salary: TBA
Role & Responsibilities
- Raising invoices on a daily business for the departments across the company, through our internal system Prime and ensuring these are emailed/sent out promptly to customers.
- Checking VAT has been accounted for correctly and the correct rates charged (particularly important given the introduction of the Domestic Reverse Charge)
- Raising ad hoc invoices and credit notes as required for the function of credit control
- Taking control of the disputes and resolutions in relation to outstanding debtors. This involves liaising with other staff members across various departments to ensure that anomalies are investigated, and queries dealt with in a timely manner.
- Ensuring ongoing disputes are chased for resolution, working alongside the Credit Controllers, and passing back across to them when debt is ready to collect.
- Investigation of credit balances and correcting/writing-off where necessary and as agreed with Head of Accounts.
- Ensuring the company Job Management system, Prime, is updated with any invoice/price amendments and credit notes etc.
- Producing Turnover Reports to Head of Accounts, where requested.
- Processing of refunds and adjustments and reporting these to Head of Accounts for acceptance and payment where required.
- Overseeing the credit control function: ensuring that credit controllers are giving proper priority to queries arising, ensuring that intra-departmental queries are raised and chased in a timely manner, and ongoing payment issues are brought to you within acceptable timescale to allow for decisions to be made on resolution.
- Keeping a check on unposted invoices and outstanding Pro-Forma invoices and ensuring Credit Controllers are aware and chasing updates.
- Removing of unposted invoices and Pro-Forma’s where they are in error or no longer required.
- There will also be an element of Credit Control duties where necessary and to cover.
- Other responsibility’s that may not be listed above but that sit within the role of an SL Supervisor, including any other admin duties that are necessary to facilitate the needs of the department.
- Sufficient experience working in a busy accounts department
- Sufficient experience working within the Sales Ledger function and particularly in dealing with dispute resolutions
- Confident in raising large numbers of invoices on a daily basis
- Sage experience is vital
- Excellent phone manner
- Must be able to work comfortably within a team whilst also confident enough to take control of their own diary management and ensuring all tasks are completed within the time required. Being able to prioritise tasks on a daily basis is a vital skill to be successful in the role.
- GCSE’s English and Math’s Grade C or above.
- Experience dealing with other areas of accounts (Purchase Ledger, Accounts Admin)
- Previous work within a similar industry preferable
- Achieved some form of Accounting Qualification preferable but not required if enough experience
At Heightsafe we are committed to equal opportunities in all areas of our work. All individuals will be treated in a fair and equal manner, regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Positions offer a generous salary, together with excellent on-target earnings.
How to Apply
Positions offer a generous salary, together with excellent on target earnings. Please get in touch for more information – [email protected] / 020 3819 7199
To apply for this vacancy, please email your CV and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line “Application – Sales Ledger Supervisor”.