Heightsafe has grown exponentially in the eleven years that we have been trading and we are now an established, trusted market leader in the Work at Height industry. Employing over 60 full-time team members, we boast a wealth of longstanding, loyal, blue-chip business clients including Whitbread PLC, Selfridges, John Lewis, XPO Logistics and Travelodge.
As a Lightning Protection Estimator, you will be required to prepare and produce risk assessments, designs, quotations and specifications for lightning protection installation projects in response to incoming enquiries ensuring all quotes are technically sound. You will be responsible for generating new business opportunities and maintaining strong relationships with existing customers.
Experience and Skill Set Required
- A full, clean UK driving licence
- ATLAS Accredited
- Detailed knowledge of current and past BSEN, IEC, and NFC standards
- Relevant experience with all aspects of Lightning Protection (design, install, testing and repairs)
- Knowledge of current standards: BSEN62505
- Work at Height Awareness Training (can be provided by Heightsafe where needed)
- An excellent working knowledge of Computer-Aided Design (CAD Software)
- A knowledge of supply chains and suppliers.
- Good knowledge of construction & engineering.
- Good understanding of architectural drawings
- Good understanding of preparing an estimate
- Great work ethic and timekeeping skills
- A strong problem-solving ability and keen attention to detail.
- Detailed knowledge of risk assessment software such as Strike Risk
- Organisational and presentational skills are crucial, and estimators also must be able to meet tight deadlines.
- As an Estimator, you will also need an appreciation of data confidentiality, and be aware of things like price trends and regulation.
- You’ll also need to communicate well, verbally and in writing, and be able to manage projects.
Experience and Skill Set Desired
- NVQ Level 2 or 3 in Lightning Protection Engineering
Due to the company’s driving insurance, those under the age of 26, or those without a full driving license need not apply.
At Heightsafe, we are committed to equal opportunities in all areas of our work. All individuals will be treated in a fair and equal manner, regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation.
If you wish to be considered for the role, please forward your CV and covering letter with the subject line “Lightning Protection Estimator” to email@example.com
At Heightsafe we are committed to equal opportunities in all areas of our work. All individuals will be treated in a fair and equal manner, regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Positions offer a generous salary, together with excellent on target earnings.
How to Apply
To apply for our Marketing Assistant vacancy, please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Application – Marketing Assistant”.