Rope Access Dead Weight Anchor Systems
Rope Access Dead Weight Anchor Systems?
Call us or use our contact form for FREE Advice, or scroll down to read more.
0203 819 7199
Heightsafe’s Dead Weight Trolleys provide an adaptable, flexible and cost-effective alternative to fixed suspended access systems for buildings and projects with irregular façade maintenance requirements. Suitable for use when placed against a parapet wall (not including Collective Edge Protection systems), these temporary deadweight anchors can be adjusted to the height of the wall, ensuring top that the top bar is just higher than the copings – 450mm minimum and 1,200mm maximum upstands.
Dead Weight Trolleys are standalone units, offering a non-destructive solution with no need to penetrate the roofs’ structure, or indeed make any alterations to your building’s exterior envelope aesthetics. Each component of the system weighs no more than 25kg, meaning it is easy to assemble and manoeuvre from locations, whilst being ideal for working in small spaces.
Our specialists recommend completing a pre-use check focusing on:
- Eyebolts: securely attached with no visible signs of cracking
- Rollers: secure and working effectively
- Sword Pins: secured in place and working effectively
- Weights: all six weights are in place and secured down
- Wheels: functioning correctly and secure
If your Dead Weight Trolley is currently showing signs of non-compliance with the above, DO NOT USE the system and contact one of our specialists immediately.
Deadweight System Features
- 6 x 25kg weights (these must be used at all times)
- Safe working load of 250kg (meaning that the system can be used as emergency rescue equipment)
- UK Hire
- Testing and Certification
Did you know? Due to the load capacity that suspended access systems support, it is a legal requirement to have them tested for compliance twice annually (once every 6 months).
Legislation and Standards of Dead Weight Trolleys
- When used for Fall Protection or emergency rescue equipment purposes, BSEN355 and BSEN61
- When used for Rope Access purposes, BS7895:2002, BSEN12841:2006 and BS7883
The Benefits of Dead Weight Trolley Hire
- CE mark of compliance
- ICOP approved
- Cost-effective temporary anchorage alternative for suspended access
- Easy to manoeuvre