Powder Coated Guardrail / Handrail Services
Powder Coated Guardrail / Handrail Services?
Call us or use our contact form for FREE Advice, or scroll down to read more.
0203 819 7199
Powder Coated Roof Edge Protection
When our clients require a more aesthetic look to their guardrail installations Heightsafe Systems are able to apply a coloured finish which powder coated in either polyester or nylon. This is sprayed on to the rail in powder form and then baked in an oven for a specified length of time until hard.
The finish is very durable, however, it is worth pointing out that the lead times are slightly longer, and accordingly the cost is slightly higher. We can coat our railings in a range of colors as long as they are within the European RAL range. We would try to steer you away from metallic colors, as they are more difficult to keep the effect, and generally our railing is placed in positions that will endure all weather conditions.
The most popular use for our Powder Coated Guardrail is for the protection of people and equipment inside and outside commercial structures. Our safety yellow powder coating is perfect for high visibility requirements.
Whether you’re trying to add aesthetics, upgrade your safety standards, give our Guardrail experts a call today, they will be sure to get back in touch with a couple of hours. Below are some of the features of powder coated edge protection, and these are compared to conventional liquid coatings.
Why Powder Coated Guardrail?
- Powder coatings can produce much thicker coatings than conventional liquid coatings without running or sagging.
- Powder coating overspray can be recycled and thus it is possible to achieve nearly 100% use of the coating.
- For steel, galvanizing prior to powder coating is the best pre-treatment for external applications.
- Powder coating production lines produce less hazardous waste than conventional liquid coatings, thereby reducing carbon footprint.
- Powder Coating is available in an anti graffiti specification for external applications
- Powder coated items generally have fewer appearance differences between horizontally coated surfaces and vertically coated surfaces compared to liquid coated items.
- Powder coating is a barrier protection system, and like paints, perforation of the barrier (scratch, chip etc) removes the protection.
While powder coatings have many advantages over other coating processes, there are limitations to the technology. While it is relatively easy to apply thick coatings which have smooth, texture-free surfaces, it is not as easy to apply smooth very thin films.
We would be keen to discuss your Guardrail Edge Protection requirements, and are confident that we will provide you the best and most cost effective solution.
Please contact our office for further details.