Basic Tower Climbing Training Courses
Basic Tower Climbing Training Courses?
Call us or use our contact form for FREE Advice, or scroll down to read more.
0203 819 7199
Basic Tower Climbing Training Overview
Those attending the Basic Tower Climbing Training are provided with practical and theoretical information needed to safely access rooftop sites. Individuals are taught to identify and deal with hazards and risks associated with this type of work. The training also covers how to correctly use Personal Fall Protection Equipment (PFPE) such as harnesses, lanyards and ropes.
Who Should Attend
This is aimed at people training in the Telecommunications Industry and will provide a good foundation of knowledge for their working at height requirements.
Aims & Objectives
- Health and safety standards and legislation
- How to fit PFPE
- Restraint positioning and fall arrest techniques
- Equipment handling
- Implement effective controls when assessing hazards
- Working on communication towers
- Introduction to RF
- Dangers of working at height
- Scope for a basic climber
- Using twin lanyards when climbing on a fixed ladder
Duration: 1 day
Trainer – Student Ratio: 1:4
Award: 3 year certification