Height Safety Awareness – Level 1 Training Courses
Height Safety Awareness – Level 1 Training Courses?
Call us or use our contact form for FREE Advice, or scroll down to read more.
0203 819 7199
Height Safety Awareness – Level 1 Training Overview
The Height Safety Awareness – Level 1 Training course is designed for those who already have a comprehensive knowledge and experience of Working at Height. They will already possess the experience of a range of fall arrest equipment within a variety of different environments. They will also have an understanding of key legislation and be aware of the dangers of working at height including the characteristics and limitations of personal fall protection equipment (PFPE).
They will be able to inspect fall arrest equipment and know how to dispose of spent equipment or equipment used in anger in the correct manner.
Who Should Attend
Operatives working at height who may be expected to work in unprotected areas or those moving between anchors when climbing at height.
Please note Level 2 certification is required if there is a need for man rescue at height
Aims & Objectives
- Hazard and risk assessments
- Identifying hazards and implementing effective controls
- Fitting PFPE and understanding limitations of this equipment along with the inspection, care and requirements of disposal
- Practical climbing on ladders using twin lanyards
- Restraint, positioning and fall arrest techniques
- How to use self-reeling and temporary horizontal lifelines
- Understanding Suspension Trauma and how to recognise and deal with this
- Demonstration of rescue techniques
- Emergency procedures and planning
Trainer – Student Ratio: 1:6
Training is valid for 3 years
Standards adhered to are: The Working at Height Regulations 2005. BS 8437 COP for the selection, use and maintenance of fall protection systems and equipment and BS 8454 COP for the delivery of training for work at height.