Height Safety Awareness – Level 2 Training Courses
Height Safety Awareness – Level 2 Training Courses?
Call us or use our contact form for FREE Advice, or scroll down to read more.
0203 819 7199
Height Safety Awareness – Level 2 Training Overview
The Height Safety Awareness – Level 2 Training course is designed for those who already have a comprehensive knowledge and experience of Working at Height. They will possess the experience of a range of fall arrest equipment within a number of different environments. Delegates will also have an understanding of key legislation and be aware of the dangers of working at height, including the characteristics and limitations of personal fall protection equipment (PFPE).
They will be able to inspect fall arrest equipment and know how to dispose of spent equipment and equipment used in anger in the correct manner.
On completion of the course, delegates will have the knowledge to order fall arrest, work position and restraint equipment.
Who Should Attend
The course is designed for those working at height who may be expected to work in unprotected areas, and for those moving between anchors when climbing at height.
Aims & Objectives
- Hazards and risk assessments
- Identifying Hazards and implementing effective controls
- Fitting PFPE and understanding it’s limitations alongside the inspection, care and disposal requirements.
- Practical climbing on ladders using twin lanyards
- Restraint, positioning and fall arrest techniques
- How to use self-reeling and temporary horizontal lifelines
- Suspension Trauma and how to recognise and deal with this
- Demonstration of rescue techniques
- Emergency procedures and planning
- Undertake a basic rescue to recover a person from suspension at height
Duration: 2 days
Trainer – Student Ratio: 1:6
Standards adhered to are: The Working at Height Regulations 2005: BS 8437 COP for the selection, use and maintenance of fall protection systems and equipment and BS 8454 COP for delivery of training for work at height.