Height Safety Awareness – Level 2 Refresher Training Courses
Height Safety Awareness – Level 2 Refresher Training Courses?
Call us or use our contact form for FREE Advice, or scroll down to read more.
0203 819 7199
Height Safety Awareness – Level 2 Refresher Training Overview
The aim of the Height Safety Awareness – Level 2 Refresher Training course is to provide those operatives who have already completed Height Safety Awareness (Level 2) with the opportunity to renew their certification by refreshing their knowledge and exercising their practical skills.
The course consists of the same content and syllabus as previously studied in the Level 2 training and focuses on an initial assessment of the delegate’s skill level and practical exercises. This will ensure their compliance with the requirements for Height Safety Level 2 training.
The training also addresses and discusses any relevant updates on key legislation and standards.
Who Should Attend
The course is suitable for delegates wanting to refresh their Level 2 Height Safety Awareness. This refresher course is only available to delegates who have already attended a Level 2 training course.
Aims & Objectives
- Hazard and risk assessments
- Health and safety legislation
- Identifying hazards and implementing effective controls
- Fitting PFPE and understanding limitations of this equipment along with the inspection, care and requirements of disposal
- Practical climbing on ladders using twin lanyards and fixed ladders
- Restraint, positioning and fall arrest techniques
- How to use self-reeling and temporary horizontal lifelines
- Understanding Suspension Trauma and how to recognise and deal with this
- Demonstration of rescue techniques
- Emergency procedures and planning
- Rescue of a casualty suspended from both in-reach and out-of-reach situations
Duration: 1 day
Trainer – Student Ratio: 1:6
Standards adhered to are: The Working at Height Regulations 2005. BS 8437 COP for the selection, use and maintenance of fall protection systems and equipment.