Work at Height & Rescue – WTG Training Courses
Work at Height & Rescue – WTG Training Courses?
Call us or use our contact form for FREE Advice, or scroll down to read more.
0203 819 7199
Work at Height & Rescue – WTG Training Overview
The Work at Height & Rescue – WTG Training course works in line with the Renewable UK Work at Height Training Standard for personnel working at height in wind turbines. Upon completion, delegates will be able to climb fixed ladders, access the turbine and be aware of the hazards and risks inherent in this type of activity when using PFPE. The course also teaches students to deal with rescue and escape issues using dedicated equipment.
- Work at height dangers, legislation, hazards and risk assessment
- Safe systems of work, rescue from nacelle/tower and emergency procedures
- Characteristics and limitations of PFPE
- Requirements for inspection, storing and maintenance of personal fall protective equipment
- Selection and use of personal fall protection equipment
- Climbing fixed ladders fitted with fall arrest systems
- Climbing with lanyards and associated safety equipment
- Pre syncope (suspension trauma) and post fall care
- Rescue and escape equipment: characteristics and limitations
- Emergency evacuation/escape techniques from the nacelle
- Ladder rescue techniques
- Nacelle rescue techniques (internal and external)
Duration: 2 days
Trainer – Student Ratio: 1:4