Heightsafe has grown exponentially in the twelve years that we have been trading and we are now an established, trusted market leader in the Work at Height industry. Employing over 50 full time team members, we boast a wealth of longstanding, loyal, blue-chip business clients including Whitbread PLC, Selfridges, John Lewis, XPO Logistics and Travelodge – providing specialist products, services, training and advice on a nationwide scale.
We are currently looking for a very experienced Credit Controller to join our growing Accounts department.
- Department: Accounts
- Job Role: Credit Controller
- Location: Head Office, Bromborough
- Reporting To: Finance Manager
- Starting Salary: TBA
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the successful collection of outstanding company debts on the sales ledger
- Answering inbound customer service calls and dealing with emails that relate to customer debts or finance queries.
- Ensuring all queries are dealt with in a timely manner and any ongoing queries passed across to the Sales Ledger Manager to seek resolutions.
- Prepare detailed debtors reports on a daily/ weekly or monthly basis and prepare forecasted debtor receipts to be used in cash flow forecast.
- Accurate allocation of receipts from customers to their accounts, requesting Remittance Advices where required.
- Making sure invoices and statements are sent out on time
- Making sure companies are within their credit limits
- Liaising with other departments when required
- Raising invoices and credit notes on the approval of Sales Ledger Manager or Finance Manager.
- Retrieving account information and documenting all calls and resolutions.
- Taking payments over the phone.
- Maintaining high levels of customer services and satisfaction at all times.
- General daily management of Aged Debtors and assisting with upkeep of Sales Ledger as instructed by your manager.
- General administration duties as required by the needs of the department.
Essential Skills/ Requirements
- High level of experience in previous Credit Control roles.
- Sufficient experience working in a busy accounts department
- Excellent phone manner
- Experience with MS Office (Outlook/Word/Excel)
- Excellent communication skills
Desirable Skills/ Requirements
- Experience dealing with other areas of accounts (Purchase Ledger, Accounts Admin)
- Experience with Sage 50
- Previous work within a similar industry preferable
- Achieved some form of Credit Management Qualification preferable but not required if enough experience.
At Heightsafe we are committed to equal opportunities in all areas of our work. All individuals will be treated in a fair and equal manner, regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Positions offer a generous salary, together with excellent on-target earnings.
How to Apply
To apply for this vacancy or for more information, please email your CV and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line “Application – Credit Controller”.