Safety Compliance Surveys
Safety Compliance Surveys?
Call us or use our contact form for FREE Advice, or scroll down to read more.
0203 819 7199
Have you recently invested in a Fall Protection, Arrest, Restraint or Access System? It’s important to ensure that these systems are inspected, tested and tagged based on the manufacturer’s requirements to remain compliant with current legal regulations whilst Working at Height.
In general, most systems require inspection and testing every 6 to 12 months to remain compliant, dependent on the frequency of use. If your system is not visibly tagged as compliance, it should not be used until a competent person completes a test and inspection. A non-compliant system may not only invalidate insurance but can also put lives at risk and render you liable in the case of an incident.
Heightsafe’s qualified Work at Height operatives test and certify all work at height systems, on all roof surfaces and on all commercial and industrial buildings to BS EN 795.
What’s Included in a Safety Compliance Survey?
Once our operatives have visited site, reports are issued with typical information including, but not limited to:
- Manufacturer and type of fall protection system
- Photographic evidence of load testing and tagging
- Certificates and reports
- Exact location of all critical components
- Installation date and previous / next retest date
- Detail on access to the roof area and systems
- Details of operatives who have attended site and your best contact details
Common Reasons for System Failure
- Neglect when systems have not been appropriately maintained
- Poor fitting from installation
- Inappropriate equipment for the intended use
- The system has been altered or moved
- A system that has been deployed
Should your system fail compliance testing, or not be inspected by the specified due date, it must legally be taken out of service and clearly tagged ‘not to be used’ until certified as compliant for use, or decommissioned.
Give yourself peace of mind with Heightsafe’s fixed pricing for testing and certification 3 year contracts.
Heightsafe’s unique project tracking tool, Prime has been designed to offer clients the ability to fully
manage and view their own portfolio, projects and assets – using just one platform, providing unequalled visibility of critical health and safety assets. Speak to Heightsafe’s specialist team today to arrange your compliance test.