With a long list of loyal, blue-chip business clients under our belt – including Whitbread PLC, Stella McCartney, Selfridges, John Lewis, XPO Logistics, Travelodge, amongst many of the UK’s leading Main Contractors, we are proud to be one of the most accomplished and respected Work at Height specialists in the country.
Built through a tremendous amount of hard work and passion, Heightsafe are looking for someone with that very same ethos, someone strong in character, someone able to gain instant respect from team members with the ability to adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment.
Heightsafe are looking for a Work at Height Operative to join a dynamic team, as part of one of the UK’s most respected and vibrant Work at Height companies.
- Department: Install
- Job Role: Work at Height Operative
- Location: Positions Available Nationwide
- Basic Salary: £22,000
Roles and Responsibilities
As a site operative, you will form part of a 2-man (minimum) site based installation team, you will install permanent access equipment, such as; Fall restraint and arrest systems, access ladders, gantries and platforms, fixed and freestanding handrail systems, aluminium & mild steel walkway systems and suspended access equipment, including abseil anchors and rail.
The role will require traveling to and from destinations all over the UK with regular overnight stays required.
- Ability to follow and comply with strict safe working practices
- Deal with clients face to face on site
- Follow job instructions, method statements and risk assessments
- Reflect company standards through pride in personal appearance and upkeep of company property and vehicles
- Flexibility and positive approach to working away from home
- Full training will be available
- Flexibility for regular overnight stays
- Reliable with good organisational skills
- Understanding of current Work at Height regulations
- Strong customer focus with good communication skills
- Practical orientation with an ability to complete technical tests on access and safety equipment (training given)
- Numerate and literate with good attention to detail
- CSCS Qualification
- Full Clean Driving License
- Experience within the Work at Height industry
- Experience with the installation/testing of fall arrest products; Access Ladders, Safety Lines, Abseil Posts, Eyebolts etc
- IPAF Qualification
- PASMA Qualification
- Asbestos Awareness
At Heightsafe we are committed to equal opportunities in all areas of our work. All individuals will be treated in a fair and equal manner, regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Positions offer a generous salary, together with excellent on-target earnings.
How to Apply
To apply for this vacancy, please email your CV and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line “Application – Work at Height Operative”.