Collapsible and Folding Guardrail / Handrail Services
Collapsible and Folding Guardrail / Handrail Services?
Call us or use our contact form for FREE Advice, or scroll down to read more.
0203 819 7199
Collapsible & Folding Roof Edge Protection
Completely freestanding and easy to assemble, our Collapsible Rooftop Guardrail folds down when not in use to comply with requirements for listed, older and historical buildings, helping to preserve their aesthetics whilst work is underway.
Health and Safety in older buildings can present you with a dilemma: you should ensure that you meet all the working at height regulations, but your range of options may be limited as you cannot do anything which will affect the building’s aesthetics too much. This has generally been difficult when a guardrail has to reach above the roof-level, which is why we have introduced our unique Collapsible Guardrail.
This collapsible handrail system is supplied in kit form using modular components; these are quickly and easily linked together to form a sturdy, lightweight and durable edge protection system for fall prevention.
The technology is in the ultra-strong hinged bracket, which allows the system to easily fold back on itself. It features an integral hinge and removable stainless steel lynch pin, and is erected in maximum 10m sections, which can easily be raised and lowered by two people. In a similar fashion to our other systems, 20KG weights are used as stabilising feet – positioned every 2.5 metres – which makes the system completely freestanding; this means no drilling is required, thereby reducing the chances of causing damage to the roof.
Like all Heightsafe’s guardrails, we can powdercoat each of our collapsible handrail systems to any RAL colour of your choice. All our guardrail systems are available for supply and installation, or supply only. For supply only orders please feel free to make use of our Wizard for an instant quote and component list.
Collapsible & Folding Guardrail
A simple and cost effective rooftop Freestanding Edge Protection System:
- Provides collective protection for all working on a roof
- Works on a proven counterbalance system
- No penetration of the roof membrane
- Minimum components for ease of installation
- Unique open style fitting allows quick installation of horizontal rails
- No welding, threading or bolting required on site
- Suitable for use on concrete, asphalt, PVC membrane and felt roof surfaces
- Modular design allows reconfiguration on site if needed
- Sections can be added to or taken down, for reconstruction elsewhere
- Compatible with almost all configurations of flat roofs up to 10 degrees slope
- Technical advice and support
Our freestanding system complies to the following legislation/standards:
- EN ISO 14122 Part 3
- BS EN 13374: 2004 Class A
- HSE INDG 284 “Working on roofs”
- HSG-33 Health and Safety in Roof Work
- BS 6399: Part 2 1995 Wind code
Design and Installation Service:
Heightsafe Systems offers a full design and installation service. We can undertake surveys and produce CAD drawings for your project. If you are interested in our services, please contact us.
The components for this system comprise of:
- Folding upright
- 2.5 metre cross rails
- 20kg weight
- 90° bend
- Gate kit