Why Compliance Testing Matters:
Safety First: Compliance testing is not just a box to tick; it’s a commitment to safety. Systems employed for work at height, such as Fall Protection, Edge Protection, Eye Bolts, and Façade Access, are designed to keep personnel safe. Regular testing ensures that these systems are functioning as intended, providing a reliable barrier against potential risks.
Legal Obligations: Non-compliance is not an option. Legal regulations mandate regular inspection and testing, typically every 6 to 12 months. Failing to comply not only puts lives at risk but can also result in legal repercussions. Our compliance testing services ensure that your systems adhere to all relevant regulations, keeping you on the right side of the law.
Insurance Validity: A compliant system is not just about meeting regulations; it also impacts your insurance coverage. An invalid or non-compliant system may render your insurance void in case of an incident. Compliance testing with Heightsafe ensures that your systems are not just safe but also in alignment with insurance requirements.
Documentation for Accountability: Our comprehensive compliance testing includes detailed reports with crucial information such as the manufacturer and type of fall protection system, photographic evidence of load testing, certificates, exact component locations, and more. This documentation not only serves as proof of compliance but also aids in accountability, providing a clear history of your safety measures.
Common Reasons for System Failures:
Neglect: Lack of proper maintenance can lead to system failures. Our compliance testing includes thorough inspections to identify and rectify any signs of neglect, ensuring that your systems remain robust and reliable.
Poor Installation: A poorly fitted system is a recipe for disaster. Heightsafe’s compliance testing extends to scrutinising the installation, making certain that every component is in place and properly fitted to guarantee optimal performance.
Inappropriate Equipment: Using equipment not suited for its intended purpose is a common cause of failures. Our specialists ensure that your systems are equipped with the right tools for the job, minimising the risk of accidents.
Alterations or Movements: Any unauthorised alterations or movements to the system compromise its integrity. Heightsafe’s compliance testing includes checks for any changes, ensuring that the system remains in its original, secure state.
Heightsafe Compliance Testing Services:
At Heightsafe, we take pride in being your trusted partner for compliance testing. Our expert operatives conduct meticulous inspections and testing, covering a range of systems including:
- Access Ladder (CT): Ensuring safety in vertical access points, with testing required at least once every 12 months.
- Edge Protection (CT): Annual inspection of guardrail and handrail systems used as collective protection measures.
- Eye Bolt and Abseil Point (CT): Critical testing every 12 months, and every 6 months for Class A, to guarantee the safety of work at height.
- Façade Access (CT): Regular testing every 6 months, dependent on usage frequency, due to the load capacity of these systems.
- Personal Fall Protection (CT): Comprehensive testing of safety lines, cables, or track systems, required at least once every 12 months.
- PPE (CT): Visual inspections every 6 months and full testing every 12 months by our competent specialists.
- Roofing Walkway (CT): Recommended annual testing to protect personnel from slip, trip, and fall hazards.
Compliance Testing with Heightsafe
In 2024, compliance testing is not just a regulatory necessity; it is a commitment to the safety and well-being of everyone working at height. Partner with Heightsafe for thorough, reliable compliance testing services. Let us help you ensure that your systems are not just compliant but also primed to keep your personnel safe throughout the year. Don’t compromise on safety – choose Heightsafe for a secure and compliant work environment.