Heightsafe Systems undertake Lightning Protection installations maintenance and compliance testing nationwide to many industrial, commercial, educational, domestic and healthcare structures.
Structures at a greater than average risk include:
- Historic buildings, such as abbeys and churches
- Medical facilities such as hospitals
- Chemical plants or explosive storage
- High rise and very tall commercial and residential buildings
- Water treatment works
- Department stores
- Power distribution facilities
- Solar and gas farms
- Telephone and switch exchanges
- Buildings with a large surface area
Heightsafe Systems will undertake a risk assessment in line with BSEN 62305 (a four part standard first introduced in 2005, but revised in 2011 for easier reference), to assess the requirement for a lightning protection system, and to what level one would be required. This includes looking at the soil resistivity and provide solutions where areas of ground quality are poor.
On completion we will:
- Provide a full design, installation and ongoing cost effective maintenance package
- Identify any surge protection solutions
- Provide computerised appraisals for the need for lightning protection
In deciding whether a structure requires a system, you must consider that failure to provide this protection, could result in insurance policies becoming invalidated, apart from the obvious physical damage to people, structures and business continuity.
Our work is planned and carried out in accordance with the most stringent health and safety guidelines, with particular focus on minimum disruption and aesthetics.